Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Marinated Pan Fried Tofu and Vegetable Bake


My boyfriend and I started renting a house in mid-town in November and fell in love with the house. It’s a house from the forties that was updated recently and is the cutest house on the block by far. However, Easter morning while we were still in bed we heard a huge crash. Once I went down stairs I saw that the entire ceiling had collapsed in our dinning room. Fast forward a couple of meltdowns and freak-outs from me, we find out we have a leak from our upstairs bathroom. Being Easter, the Plummer couldn’t fix anything until yesterday and today the contractors from the rental company came and is yet another day I have to sit at home listening to banging and clashing. Yesterday was my vegan brownie experiment and today I decided to make dinner for lunch. I mean what else can I do! So I made a marinated pan fried tofu and a vegetable bake. Both were amazing and I thought I’d share my recipe for everyone else to try. 


Marinated Pan Fried Tofu and Vegetable Bake

Marinated fried Tofu

·      Organic Extra-Firm Tofu pressed and drained.  Don’t know how look at http://www.veggiebelly.com/2011/04/how-to-press-tofu.html
·      Marinade of choice (I used Soy Vay’s Veri veri teriyaki sauce and marinade)
·      1 tablespoon oil of choice per tofu slice (I used olive oil)

Vegetable Bake

·      1 large zucchini, cut into large pieces
·      2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
·      1 medium sized onion, chopped
·      1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
·      1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
·      1 table spoon chopped garlic
·      ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
·      1/3 cup olive oil
·      Salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne to taste


Procedure:
1.     Slice drained tofu into 3 large slices and place in a large dish. Cover with marinade and set aside.
2.     Preheat oven to 400° F
3.     In a 9 X 13 baking dish, mix together zucchini, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, breadcrumbs, olive oil, and seasonings.
4.     Bake for 1 hour, stirring dish every 20 minutes until vegetables are browned and tender.
5.     Place cooked veggies aside to cool slightly in the mean time heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat
6.     Place the sliced marinated tofu in the skillet and cook for two minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment